What to Expect as a New Patient
When we welcome new patients, we understand you have an emergent need. We know by the time you reach our pain management clinic, you’re tired of living with pain. We see patients just like you every day and offer straightforward care and safe solutions.
Our expert staff will listen to your experience, ask questions, and talk with you to better understand your needs so that together, we can formulate a treatment plan that goes beyond medicine—and offers lasting pain reduction.
To give you an idea of some of the questions we will ask, we’ve outlined several below.
If you have questions about what to expect as a new patient, please let us know. We’re happy to answer any questions you may have before your appointment.
What to Bring
Before we can schedule an appointment, we will need a copy of your medical records. Your primary doctor should be able to assist you in gathering the following:
- Recent office visit notes with your primary care physician or another physician who has been treating the condition for which you are requesting an appointment to see us
- A list of current medications
- Notes from previous surgeries/procedures related to your pain
- Radiology reports from X-rays, MRIs, or CT scans
- Records from a previous pain management center/doctor (if your condition was previously treated elsewhere)
- Insurance information
We accept many forms of payment, including most major insurance carriers. Additionally, for those who have large deductibles or no insurance, we are happy to work with you on determining the best type of payment plan for you and your family.