Low back radiating pain
Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
If you have pain on your lower back that radiates down the leg and sometimes it is feels like heavy feeling in the legs with numbness and tingling, you maybe suffering from lumbar spinal stenosis
Patients with lumbar spinal stenosis can experience some of these symptoms
- Pain in the lower back that feels like a dull ache or tenderness or burning sensation
- Radiating pain down one or both legs
- Feeling of numbness or tingling in the buttocks, legs or feet
- Weakness in the legs
- Pain gets worse when walking or standing for long periods of time
- Pain improves with seating or bending
What causes Spinal Stenosis?
Your spinal nerves travel through your spinal canal and exit through openings we call "foramen." If any of these spaces are too narrow, your nerves become compressed. We say you have "spinal stenosis." It's a problem that most often happens in the neck and lower back.